Monday, July 27, 2009

SHAKIRA', WOLVES AND LYCANTHROPY

The Colombian superstar who told us her breasts were small and humble and that her hips dont lie indulges in a spot of lycanthropy on new album She Wolf. On this new album Shakira buys into the psychiatric condition where by a person believes they can transform into an animal. Shes fast making Bjork look like Alexandra Burke. Bonkersness aside , this new slice of electro pop is a stunning comeback from Shakira.
I was in the studio in a bad mood that day, then I got inspired and went to a corner and I wrote the lyrics and the melody in 10 minutes. The image of the she wolf just came to my head, and when I least expected it I was howling and panting.” Crikey, the words mad and box of frogs spring to mind. We've missed Shakira and firmly expect some commercial ass to be kicked once the album is released in October.
The album was produced by Santigold cohort John Hill in the Bahamas. The resulting 12 hour sessions have spawned more dance oriented material than previously. Expect the video to She Wolf to be downright barmy but in a sexy kind of way. Awoooooooooo etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment